Monday, August 1, 2011

Hauora



As a lead into our term three unit, this afternoon we explored the concept of Hauora

Hauora, is a philosophy of health and well-being unique to New Zealand. It deals with four aspects of the mind and body; physical, mental, social, and spiritual.
Hauora has been compared to the four walls of a whare, each wall representing a different dimension.
All four dimensions are necessary for strength and stability.

After identifying the four aspects of health and well-being and discussing examples of each. We then looked at how they all link together. Then we shared our views on the challenges, in relationship to health and well being, for students going through puberty and their teenage years.

2 comments:

Lea said...

Hey guys!!!!
This sounds interesting and I wish I could learn more about it. So far my holiday has been great. I get to do lots of fun things and meet up with some old friends. I just want to let you know that I miss you guys and I can't wait to return to NZ.

From Lea :)

Lea said...

Hi again

This is just my email so you can write me back:
Lea.fetting@gmail.com

from Lea